[phenixbb] problem when installing phenix 1.24.1b

Petrus H Zwart PHZwart at lbl.gov
Thu Jul 6 07:36:58 PDT 2006

This most likely means you have downloaded the binairies that do not
match your machine architecture.

See the readme file:
-----------
Currently, the following Redhat Linux platforms are tested, and
therefore
supported for the distribution:

- Redhat 8.0
- Redhat 9.0
- Redhat Enterprise Workstation 3 [+/- x86_64]
- Redhat Enterprise Server 4.2 [+/- x86_64]
- Fedora Core 3 [+/- x86_64]
- Fedora Core 5 [+/- x86_64]

Redhat versions prior to 8.0 are not supported.

PHENIX should also install on other Linux platforms such as Mandrake,
or SuSe.

There are 4 different Linux installations available, based on the
version of the kernel (2.4 or 2.6) and the CPU type (ix86 or
x86_64). If it isn't clear which you need then type this command on
the machine in question:

        % uname -rm

The first item is the kernel version, the second is the machine
hardware. Please download the appropriate installer based on this
table:

-

-

-
|       x86_64          | intel-linux-2.4-x86_64| intel-linux-2.6-
x86_64|
-

Currently, the following other Unix platforms are tested, and therefore
supported for the distribution:

- Compaq Tru64 5.1
- SGI Irix 6.5[*]

i.e., check if if you have a 2.4 or 2.6 linux kernel and what your cpu
type is.

for me,

I get this:
2.6.11-1.1369_FC4smp i686