[cctbxbb] directory of cctbx tutorials

David Waterman dgwaterman at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 08:01:51 PST 2015

Hi all,

I've just spent a little time with Google collecting together tutorials for
CCTBX and related open-source projects. I'm sure this is not a complete
list, so I thought I'd share in case anyone knows of some other sources to
add to it. I'm collecting this because the DIALS project is involved in
workshops and teaching. My main interest is in diffraction data processing,
but all tutorials that use core modules and types from cctbx are of
interest, for potential updating/cannibalisation.

General/developer

   - Tour of the cctbx http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/current/tour.html
   - Making compiled extensions. cctbx_introduction_3 at
   https://sourceforge.net/p/dials/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/doc/developer/

Data processing

   - Various tutorials on free-electron laser data processing (cctbx.xfel)
   at http://viper.lbl.gov/cctbx.xfel/index.php/Tutorials
   - CCTBX for diffraction calculations. cctbx_introduction_{1,2} at
   https://sourceforge.net/p/dials/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/doc/developer/
   - Powder diffraction unit cell refinement (
   <http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/siena2005/>Siena 2005)
   http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/siena2005/unit_cell_refinement.html
   - Data processing with DIALS. 4 tutorials at
   http://dials.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html

Coordinate handling

   - PDB truncate to Ala (SBGrid 2008) (iotbx.pdb) at
   http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/sbgrid2008/tutorial.html

Phasing

   - Direct methods (Siena 2005)
   http://cctbx.sourceforge.net/siena2005/direct_methods_light.html