[cctbxbb] Boost Import Error

Garrett Thompson gthompson660 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 11:44:17 PST 2015

Hello,

I recently looking at the cctbxbb mailing archive and I came across your
email response a few months ago :

http://phenix-online.org/pipermail/cctbxbb/2014-June/000933.html

I was wondering if you could elaborate a bit on how to use the wrappers
cctbx.python? I consider myself to be quite a beginner in this area and
can't seem to import the same module,

import scitbx.array_family.flex

*ImportError: No module named boost.optional*

When I do I receive the same error about having boost.optional being
an import dependency. If you are able to, please be as explicit as
possible, I am pretty bad with common conventions and terminology, as
I have never studied computer science or any related area formally.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Sincerely,

Garrett Thompson